Notes after a day of living with iOS 7:
Pretty much all of the changes “make sense” from a user experience standpoint. There’s much less “Oh, I guess I have to do it this way” and more “Oh it should have worked that way the whole time”. The color palette is a little, “toyish” though.
1) The Control Center is incredibly useful, and long overdue. See that icon in the lower left? Quick access to Flashlight. God damnit is that useful.
2) The app switcher is way better than the old one. I Can’t emphasize this enough.
3) BLOCKED NUMBERS? You can have a block list, and calls and texts from that number won’t get through. That’s a pretty big small feature.
4) Apps automatically update, which is really convenient, except if you didn’t want to update an app for some reason.
5) You can now have multiple twitter accounts signed into the OS, which could be really handy.
For a 1st Beta, it’s pretty solid. Multitasking now allows apps to do more, and that’s caused a few out-of-memory crashes - including 2 spontaneous reboots of the whole phone. Battery life is, well it needs improvement - but it’s not as bad as some later betas of the last OS.
I think I’m keeping it, for now.